Monday, February 15, 2010

16 years and 18 months

Over the weekend Frank and I celebrated 16 years of being in love. Technically, we have known each other for 17, and if you haven't heard the infamous story of our meeting it really is something! : ) It's best if it comes from me though because Frank usually leaves out all the good details...his super short shorts, suntan lotion in the elevator and my awful sunburn. I'm still totally, madly in love with him after so many years. We will have so many crazy stories to tell our grandchildren someday and I just can't believe I am still so in love with the man who sat behind me on my freshman choir trip some 17 years ago and then took to a monster truck show for our first date but later made up for such a crazy date with a picnic date to the mountains when he saw how horrified I was at the monster truck show.



It's also been 18 months since my hysterectomy. Some days I can't believe how fast it's gone by. There are days when I hardly think about my surgery, what I went through, the loss, yada, yada and then there are others that there are constant physical and emotional reminders just around the corner. It's not bad though, and I feel so much better than I did the summer before I had my surgery that really nothing compares to the pain and sickness I was feeling. So I will take a little wider berth to my hips(and workout more) and a few extra zits once a month if that is the price I now have to pay for my health.

No comments: