Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More sick

Now Megan has the sick that has been going around. I really thought we were safe since Mitch was on antibiotics and I had been a freak about cleaning things, but I guess not. So she has yucky tonsils and a fever. I took her to the doctor today and since this is the third time she has basically had the same thing in six weeks we are being referred to a pediatric ENT(ear, nose and throat) doctor at Children's Hospital. Hooray!! Not hooray for her but maybe they will tell us what's up with this.

On the canine note, (**groan**) our dog Mazie is one sick puppy. Last night while we were gone for my dad's birthday dinner she ate an ENTIRE bag of dark chocolates. After we put the kids in bed she started acting weird and then came the vomiting. Long story short, we rushed her off to the doggie hospital where she spent the night and she may be coming home soon. Poor little dog! And I feel so awful because I was the one who left the chocolate where she could get to it!! aahhhhh!! We are all thanking our lucky stars that she is alive and didn't have a stroke or anything like that because chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is very toxic to dogs. Again, I want to kick myself.

So, long week in the Wernlein household! Pray for sleep, peace and sanity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone starts feeling better. I feel your pain with the chocolate. Maggie did the samething.