Friday, January 13, 2012

Shirley, Grandma, Great Grandma

Mitch, Megan and Grandma at her 80th birthday party on December 7, 2010


Just after Christmas my Grandma went home to be with the Lord and her husband, and my grandpa Jack, in heaven. Loosing her was so much harder than words can express. She fought a good fight right to the very end, and proved to everyone just how incredible stubborn and strong willed she really was.


I've written and re-written this post several times, and can't even begin to share in words what I want about her so I made a list of some of my grandma's favorite things(according to me and in no particular order):
flowers
cooking shows
reading
sewing
her grandchildren
her great grandchildren
potatoes
traveling with my grandpa
cooking and making sure people were well fed



Love you much Grandma! Kiss and hug grandpa for me, and the next time we're together we'll peel potatoes and chat.

No comments: