Friday, April 10, 2009

Lunch time chatter

With a 5 and 2 1/2 year old anytime we are gathered around the table the conversation can get rather crazy, and today was no different. This morning I took the dogs to the vet, or as I like to call it, an expensive trip to the circus, and the kids were still chattering on and on about shots, sickness, blood, poop...oh, yes it was a great time! Mitch started talking about Mati and how much he missed her and how she got sick and Dr. Schaffer couldn't fix her and why dogs and people die and he wanted to know how old you have to be to die. I said there really isn't an age some people or dogs just get sick or really old and then they die. He said, "oh, like you! How soon will you die mom?" Ugh!! 5 year olds, they sure can take the wind out of your sails and kill a good lunch. I think I will go work out for an extra few today just to make myself feel better and younger!

No comments: