Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Learning to Ride

Mitch has been learning to ride a two-wheeler in the past few days and Frank and I have shared the experience of running up and down the street behind him as he tries with all his might to get the hang of it. Today after school he wanted to get a few runs in; after getting frustrated with me "because I just don't do it like Dad" I asked him what Dad does that I'm not doing and he said, "RUNS"!! I laughed and tried harder but he still said Dad did it better and that I need to go faster and stop holding on so tight.

It's another one of those milestones that is fun to see happening, but at the same time a little hard to watch. Mitch has grown up so fast in the last 6-9 months that it is unbelievable. He is such a little man sometimes and hanging on to that seat while running behind him just a little too tight seems easier than watching him crash and burn. If he's anything like me though, the bike will hit the pavement a zillion times, and eventually he will get it.

No comments: