Monday, May 12, 2008

Another day gone to the dogs

Today was suppose to be a nice relaxing day. My sister offered to give me the morning to myself as a Mother's Day treat while she took the kids and I got some time to myself. I jumped at the chance but when I got home from dropping them off I smelled something funny...never a good sign. I didn't think much of it and began to pick up around the house but when I got to Megan's room I found the culprit...a chewed up tube of A and D ointment and a very greasy schnauzer!! Great! I called the vet and they said the cream is really toxic to dogs please bring her in right away. Concerned about my dog but irritated that my morning was now going to be spent back at the vets I was a little miffed. The dog is fine, they made her throw up the cream and gave her charcoal. So I didn't get to clean my house like I wanted but I stopped at Kmart, did some shopping and had lunch with the kids and my sister. Oh well! I figure all 3 dogs have had issues now so maybe we are past this, please, I hope! : ) I had a nice Mother's Day and even got a new microwave. Whoppee! I'll have to share that story another day!

No comments: