Saturday, August 8, 2009

What a difference a year makes!

Today marks a year after my hysterectomy and I can hardly believe it has been that long. This summer has just flown by which means that this year has also flown by. A year ago, I was trudging along, no energy, just trying to get by with 2 little ones to look after. Now, I have all the energy a 31 year old should (more or less) and live with no regrets that I had such a drastic surgery at such a young age. The year didn't come without it's ups and downs from the surgery, but I feel like I have made it and everyday it is less and less of a daunting decision and last summer seems like less and less of a dark cloud. This summer has been amazing(minus all of the crazy thunderstorms and annoying allergies)! The kids are at a great age and we have had so much fun! Just a week and a half left of summer vacation and we are still rocking and rollin' and trying to fit everything in. Today, to take some time to unwind and get a little break I spent the morning at Oasis Day Spa and it was pure heaven. I don't say it often enough, but I have the best husband because he lets me spoil myself and do amazing things like this. I got a massage, sat in in the sauna and got a pedicure. Pure bliss! Maybe I will do this every August 8th to celebrate good health!

I also want to thank everyone who has been such a great support to me in the past year, when I have whined cried, or freaked out. Thanks to all of my great friends and family!

No comments: