Sunday, August 23, 2009

Was that a weekend?

This weekend went so fast I can hardly believe it was actually a weekend! Remember in my last post that I said the kids were going to bed at 7:30 and it was so wonderful?! Well that means that they get up at 6:30am on the weekends! Guess I forgot about kid's sleep schedules and the weekends when we had gotten used to 7:30 or 8am on the weekends. Whoa is me!

We did have lots of fun Saturday and went out to Megan's new Preschool, Happy Valley. It's a farm setting Preschool so everyday that she is there they have wagon rides, pony rides and they get to pet all the farm animals. She is SO excited. She wanted to take her backpack with us Saturday and stay the entire day! After the trip out to Preschool we went to a birthday party for one of Mitch's friends where mommy got a lesson in "not all parents parent like they should and some of their kids are brats"!! Luckily another good friend of mine was there and she knows I can go from zero to 60 in situations like this (my sister calls it "girl on the boat") but I kept it pretty cool and everyone had a good time. The kids bounced in the bounce house on and off for almost 5 hours and came home looking like dirty little rugrats, always the sign of a good party! : )

Today we are trying to relax, refocus and RELAX before a super busy week. We went to the late service at church today and I just love the liturgy at that service. It always puts my heart in the right place, even when Mitch is asking how much longer and Megan is trying to color a library book.

Now...onward to an amazing week of Kindergarten, the start of MOPS and Megan's first day of Preschool!!

No comments: