Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Goodbye my sweet boy


Today we had to say goodbye to our sweet dog Gordon. I felt my heart break in two having to do this. He was the sweetest old dog and came to us on a complete fluke about four and a half years ago. He had survived Hurricane Katrina and needed a home, desperately. I have never met a dog with a more loving and kind spirit and I will miss him greatly. He was a true Southern gentleman, waited his turn, was sweet with the kids and extra laving to the ladies. Having survived a great tragedy he hated storms, mostly rain, and always needed some extra love(even a tranquilizer) to get through some of the big storms we had in the summer. He was faithful, loyal and loving all the way to the end and I will miss his big dark eyes, having coffee with him near me in the mornings, seeing him in the window when we returned home, generally just having "my shadow" around.
To the best old guy around, I hope you are sunning yourself in a big bay window in doggie heaven. You brought me more joy in those 4 years than one dog mom could ever ask for.

1 comment:

Megan said...

He really was such a sweet dog. Big hugs for you friend.