Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last day of summer vacation

This is it, the last day of summer vacation. I can't believe it's officially over and tomorrow Mitch will start Kindergarten, full day Kindergarten too. For months I have longed for the day he would go to full day Kindergarten and I could hear myself think again, because for 5 1/2 year it has been non stop chatter(crying in the first months) and now I just want to hit the rewind button. I used to say I would be the parent dancing in the parking lot, but tomorrow I will be the one with the huge sunglasses on, hiding the tears as I watch my oldest make his way to into the world. He is ready, more than ready. Last night he was so excited to go to back to school night, find his cubby, meet his teacher and make some new friends. I am excited for him too, just sad that it went so fast. We've really been living it up these last few days of vacation and I hope he has been enjoying it as much as I have. I know tomorrow morning will be here before we know it and I am looking forward to hearing all about his first day and how much fun he had. My sunglasses are all ready and the Kleenex is in the car, but most importantly, I just want Mitch to know that he is going to do great on this new journey.

No comments: