Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baby Blues

Is it really possible to have baby blues when your kids are 4 and 6? I am kinda thinkin' it is, but it is a different sort of Baby Blues. It's more of the oh, where have the days gone when my little one use to smell so sweet, coo and look at me with all the love in the world. I am reminiscing because I saw and got to hold a friend's 8 day old baby today. She is the sweetest little thing and Thomas was even on the TV. It made me more than a little nostalgic for those days that I just left behind. It's amazing how quickly they pass by and now my sweet things are growing more and more independent with each passing day. For today, I gave that sweet baby girl an extra snuggle and knew that this mom had 2 very sweet babies as well, they are just much older now.

I'm getting over my blues just sitting here thinking about Mitch as a newborn and all of the endless crying nights. He still isn't much of one to go to bed on time but at least he doesn't cry all night long anymore!

No comments: