Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cleaning it up

Since Mitch's latest cold and asthma flare up I have buckled back down on his and our diet and cut out more of the gluten and dairy and really watched the dyes and processed foods, and surprise surprise, his asthma is better. Now, I am not a total freak about the diet, I would say we are 75% clean, gluten, dairy, organic and 25% conventional. It is just too hard to shop, feed and also convince Frank to eat that way. When we do though I think we all feel better, I do at least. It also helps that Mitch isn't a picky eater and will try many new foods and doesn't get stuck in a food rut. His favorite after school gluten free snack is an organic apple and popcorn. What a good boy!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Glad Mitch is doing better! It's hard to stay on top of all that stuff when things get busy. Good job Mama ;)