Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Day in the Kitchen

Or as I now call it...exhausted!! I spent part of the day in the kitchen doing some freezer cooking, or bulk cooking, or whatever you want to call it, and it is a wonderful idea and I love doing it but it makes so many dishes and I am so exhausted. When I have the chance I love to cook for my family and I have learned the art of bulk cooking from a MOPS mom and it has become pretty handy. Today I made White Chili and Banana bread. Both were delicious and came out perfectly even when I, the math challenged, did fractions to triple the recipes: ) Now it's time to put my feet up, watch a movie and listen to the dishwasher finish my job.
Happy cooking and eating!
e

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Erin,
I did something similar this weekend. I cooked enough meals for about 2 weeks. Now I just have to defrost and heat. YEAH!! I am very excited to not have the mess the clean each night. What meals did you fix??
Lori

Erin said...

Chili and Banana bread silly: ) How about you!?

Lori said...

I didn't know if you made other things too or not. I made chili (with beef), pork with mushrooms and tomatoe sauce (yummy), calzones, lasagna, pot roast with all the fixings, chicken enchiladas and white chicken chili too. lol I figure I won't have to cook until at least next weekend with left overs and all. lol
Lori

Erin said...

Holy cow you went to town!! Did you make single(4 serving) meals or did you double and trible up? I made Staci's white chili too but I tripled the recipe. That made enough for 5 extra meals for our small family.