Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Paranoid

MOPS was great today, as usual, but our speaker was a little on the heavy side. The topic I mean. We had a police officer from the Ft. Collins PD come and speak to us on keeping our kids safe from sexual predators and he has even written a book on the subject called The Swimsuit Lesson. You can check out his book at www.theswimsuitlesson.com I bought the book but now I am paranoid and freaked out about reading it to M and M and about the weirdos that live in our neighborhood. He went on and on about sex offenders and knowing where they are and being cautious about your kids, where they play, who they play with, that 3 in 10 girls will be sexually assaulted by the time she is 18...enough to make my head spin and want to keep Megan in her crib until she is 30!! He told us not to leave paranoid, hug our kids and be aware. So here is a list of some resources that our table came up with and I hope you find it helpful. I did. Enjoy your day...I am and trying to and hugging M and M a few more times.
e

Not in My Neighborhood
http://cjb.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/35/3/356

Megan's Law
http://www.registeredoffenderslist.org

The Swimsuit Lesson
www.theswimsuitlesson.com

No comments: