Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gardening

I love gardening but I have yet to become "oh so great at it" or for it to be kind to my back. Since it is just a hobby and I have 2 small kiddos I just sort of dink around at it. If you want to see a really amazing garden stop past my parents house and peek over the fence at their amazing gardens(yes plural) with water features and trains!! For now, the kids and I are happy to dig weeds, look for worms, rolly pollys and plant the few assorted flower pots and our minimal vegetable garden area. Last year, I went all our with the vegetables but quickly found I didn't have enough room for what I wanted to grow and the pumpkin began to take over the yard so this year we are just planting spinach, cucumbers and tomatoes. It's a lot of fun, a great way to be outside with the kids and they just love to work right along side me. Maybe this year we can get a handle on all those weeds!!

No comments: