Friday, November 13, 2009

I heart books

For being as different as we all are, my kids and I have one thing in common that we all love, BOOKS! Right now I can hear Megan in her room reading herself the latest Fancy Nancy book that I bought her yesterday at the Book Fair at Mitch's school. Watching the two of them make the painful decision of just two books yesterday was priceless. Megan immediately picked out her two books but Mitch painstakingly went back and forth for at least 5 minutes before making his choice. When they got home yesterday they also cracked them open as soon as possible. I do this too. In the mail the other day I got a new book and I am suppose to save it and take it to book club Monday but I am just dying to crack the cover and start reading it. I just LOVE to read, and Mitch has gotten to be the same way. He could read before he got into Kindergarten but now he reads anything and everything! I love that my kids love to read as much as I do because I, personally, think there is nothing better than opening that brand new slick book and getting away for awhile.

No comments: