Thursday, April 15, 2010

One day down

We made it through one day of a pretty dairy-free, gluten-free day for Mitch. He hasn't needed his rescue inhaler at all today and that is a big improvement. I am not saying it is the diet or the many other things we are trying right now. He really didn't complain too much about the change in the menu today other than he still looks for Frosted Flakes for breakfast, but those have been nixed for weeks. I think all in all we are pretty lucky. There are so many more options for gluten-free products if this is the way we need to go for him and when I went shopping yesterday it was overwhelming but not impossible to find things. Who knows, maybe it'll help with operation muffin top in the long run!! : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

One of my girlfriends does all organic/gluten-free for their kiddos stomachs/alergies and it's been working for years. Here's a cooking website she sent me awhile back: http://www.elanaspantry.com/
maybe that will help :) I think we're going this way more and more too...