Thursday, April 29, 2010

Two Weeks

We've passed the two week mark of limiting dairy and gluten in Mitch's diet and I am happy to say that he is doing really well and we have his asthma well controlled. I am surprisingly pleased and, sadly, a little overwhelmed. Because this is working so well I feel like I can't give up now and like that darn little engine that could I am somewhere on my way up the hill. Grocery shopping yesterday was quite a chore as I made my way from Kings to Sunflower Market. Now, please don't get me wrong, I would move mountains for my son to feel better, especially breathe, but I can't just dash into the store and grab something anymore and I have to consciously think about what I am going to cook at least 24 hours ahead of time. If you know me real well you know that I am not the most organized person on the planet and planning and being ahead of the game are really not my strong suit and I tend to get stressed out pretty easily. I am working on it though and have lists coming out my wazoo(I have to remember to take the list with me though) and am feeling pretty good myself so that is a real plus. We're getting greener, cleaner and more organic by the day!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Very Inspiring!

As a mother of four I know how difficult it can be to try and limit a child's diet. Well, maybe it's more difficult for adults (EX: CHOCOLATE!). But, these days there are so many wonderful options out there. Not like back in the day when all we could find was white sugar and white flour on the supermarket shelves.

I love your fervor... keep it up, I know you won't regret it!

Coleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.