Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sick days

Both kids are sick today. Not really sure how you "stay home" on summer vacation but we seem to be doing it a lot lately. Mitch was upset to be missing swimming lessons today but you really can't or shouldn't swim when you are sick I told him. They both have yucky tonsils and Megan has pink eye as well. Can it get more fun?!! Probably, but let's not try to find out, huh?! After an extremely fun experience with "the sticks" aka a throat culture at the doctor neither of them has strep, it's just a virus so hopefully it will run its course before the 4th of July and our family's HUGE party because no one want to be sick for the annual water fight.

On the home front I have not gotten a thing done in about 3 weeks. I literally feel like I walk in circles. Today I put off vacuuming for another day because really, who is going to come to my house with 2 sick kids, especially with one that has pink eye!! I just roll my eyes at myself and started picking up clutter until I couldn't take it anymore and then went and watched Ellen for 20 minutes. She always makes me laugh and laughing is what I needed on a day like today. Keep praying for us. I know there is a reason somewhere amongst the sickness. Maybe we just needed some close family time this summer. Whatever the reason, I am trying to embrace this season and know that this can't last forever because I just might go nuts!!

No comments: