Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Not so Clean

I'm finding it a lot harder to eat clean, organic and dairy and gluten free in the summer with the kids home. My helpers go the store with me more and Mitch likes to pick out what he eats so it is harder to steer him away from the dairy. The other, minus the organic, I have just gotten lazy on. Plus the cost! ugh... Farmers markers help out a lot in the summer but you really, really have to pay attention to the growers and make sure that they really are organic and know their stuff.

Two books I really want to read are, Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism and Organic Manifesto. Both cover the expensive of organics, and vice versa, what you are putting in your body and what diseases may come of this down the road. Yuck! All interesting reading I am sure, but something I am concerned about with two little ones and one that has allergies and asthma. For now I am trying to focus on good food most of the time and treats and special things some of the time and not going overboard or else Frank and the kids start to revolt.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have Jillian Michael's, "Master Your Metabolism." You'll have to borrow it...