Monday, August 30, 2010

Not long now

I have the bags packed, the fridge and freezer are stocked full of popsicles, ice cream, yogurt and pudding, Mitch is off to Grandma and Grandpa's and Megan is trying to go to bed with visions of yucky tonsils in her head. Tomorrow is the day. We've waited just about 10 weeks for Megan's tonsillectomy(they are taking her adenoids too) and I can hardly believe it is here. I am trying ever so hard to be calm and relaxed about it so that Megan will be calm too. I had my big meltdown on Saturday, Sunday was much better, and I spent today with Megan doing things she wanted and packing bags. Tomorrow we leave at 5am for her 7:45am surgery. We will be spending the night at Children's, and depending on how she is swallowing and taking fluids we could be home midday on Wednesday. Please be praying for her, the doctors and me too(Frank and Mitch too). We all will need it, along with a big nap!!

No comments: