Friday, January 8, 2010

Taking stock

I saw a really good friend of mine last night and I was telling her how much the holidays always drain me and how January is so hard and how much the cold weather this week was really getting me down yada yada yada... She just looked at me and said "well, what are are you doing to be nice to yourself?". She is so brutally honest and knows my heart so well. So today, after dropping Megan off at preschool I decided that rather than come home and clean house I would just take a break and sit and watch a little TV and eat one of my very favorite foods. It was very wonderful and very much needed! We all needs friends like that, ones who won't beat around the bush, and make sure that you are taking care of you so you can take care of others too.

No comments: