Thursday, March 3, 2011

Books and Movies

The Oscars were a few days ago and I made a point to watch some of the red carpet coverage but this year we had only seen one of the movies up for Best Picture...Toy Story 3. I have lots of the other nominees in our Netflix qeue but, sadly, I Italicdidn't get them watched in time. It's been a long time since Frank and I have seen a really good movie. Any suggestions?

If there was some sort of award show for books I might watch it. I have so many books lined up to read right now it is just silly. Just next to my bed on my nightstand I have Misplacing God and Finding Him Again, Shoot the Moon and Made to Crave. On my downstairs bookshelf(where I keep the books I want to read most) I have The Imperfectionist, Cutting for Stone, Incendiary and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet waiting for me. The Imperfectionist is high on my list since it is our March book club read and one I have been wanting to read since late last year. If there was just a little more time to read in the day or a little less laundry to do I could get through my list of "want to read" in no time. I would still give my award for best book of the year to
The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I have yet to read anything written quiet as eloquently.

No comments: