Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last day of summer vacation-tradition



Today was the last day of summer vacation, and keeping with tradition, we practiced getting up early for school, left the house and drove past the school...and kept right on going to Denny's this year. Denny's was Megan's pick this year because she is starting Kindergarten tomorrow. Can you believe it? Mitch and Megan have been on a Denny's kick ever since we ate at one in San Diego, and the one we eat at near our house is called "our Denny's". After breakfast I always let the kids pick one last super fun thing that they want to do before school starts and again this year they chose to spend the day at the Children's Museum. It was a very fun day topped off with some Tom and Jerry cartoons.




Tomorrow it will be back to school. Both kids will be at the same school. It's seems odd. Megan has suddenly stated that she is ready for Kindergarten, but I'm not sure I am ready for her to be ready. Five has come so fast and she has really grown up this summer. My plan for tomorrow: big sunglasses, kleenex in my pockets and super fast shoes so I can get out of there once the kids go into their classrooms.

No comments: