Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our first week

The kids finished their first full week of school last week and did really well. Mitch is really loving Second grade. I am amazed at home much he grew up over the summer and has become very independent at school and at home. I have a feeling this is going to be a great year for him. Megan is adjusting to Kindergarten. Everyday she has a funny quip or saying from the day that just cracks Frank and I up. It's definitely much quieter around here during the day, something I am not used to but could grow on me really fast.

This week I have been praying Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

In addition to the kids being back at school and getting use to their routine; my grandma was in the hospital for a bleeding ulcer. This verse just brings me great comfort when I feel the need to control things that I really have no control over.

No comments: