Thursday, December 4, 2008

Daddy Blues

Frank is still in Seattle...until tomorrow...and the kids are barely holding up. Like I mentioned earlier in the week, he hasn't done a long overnight in years. We are use to him traveling around the state all the time. He and the kids are well versed in the cities of Yuma, Wray, Kremmling and Walden but Daddy is usually home by 9 or 10pm and they can always talk to him on the phone. So long story short, this has been a hard week for them. So this morning when Mitch woke up with another attitude the size of Seattle I started singing him this song

I've got the I'm missing Daddy blues
I just want to go back to bed
Because my Daddy isn't coming home until Friday
Oh I've got the I've got a bad case of the I'm missing my Daddy Blues!!

Mitch was less than impressed but Megan loved it and I cannot tell you how glad I will be to see my dear, sweet husband walk out of that airport tomorrow!

One last thing, especially for Aunt Sue, the kids had snow for snack today: ) We had 5 inches today and we can't wait to see you on the 20th!!

No comments: