Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday overload

The good thing about the holidays is all of the festivities, the comings and goings, the gatherings, the family you haven't seen in months but the bad thing can also be just that. Especially for a family with preschoolers who is used to a schedule, and then when there is the yucky crud thrown in everything is thrown out of whack. Don't get me wrong, we have had a GREAT Christmas and I (of all people) am looking forward to ringing in 2009 with great gusto but thank goodness for a few down days in between. The last 2 days the kids and I have stayed in our jammies until 10am, watched way too much TV and I've read 2 books! Talk about needing some rest. I've also done 6 loads of laundry, tried to tiddy up the house and I took down Christmas on Saturday and it still looks like a small tornado went through our house. The kids are loving all the new toys and it's been fun to see Megan play dress up and change clothes 3 or 4 times a day(thanks Nana). I am really looking forward to tomorrow and ringing in 2009. I'm not sure what our plans are but I just pray that 2009 is better than 2008 and if I spend it on the couch with my sweet husband at midnight then that is fine with me as long as we are all healthy and safe this next year.

No comments: