Thursday, January 29, 2009

He got in!

We found out yesterday that Mitch got into Lincoln Academy Charter School. It was a little like winning the lottery, literally. There were only 19 spots available and Mitch was #17. When I heard I wanted to throw-up, cry, dance, scream and run around. In that exact order. I took all of his forms over to the school today and proudly drove him past there after I picked him up from preschool this morning. What a ride this has been. Now comes the realization that I have a child old enough to go to kindergarten and this process hasn't all been a sort of weird dream.


added later
*I should clarify that there were 19 spots available to the district...and 60 total kindergarteners at the school.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That's great that he got into one you like! Where's it at?
love, Aunt Shelley (who finally went through the steps to be able to comment on people's blogs)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that he got in.
Congratulations!!!