Monday, February 23, 2009

A trip to the dentist

I took both kids to the dentist today. Going to the dentist today is so much different than I remember as a kid. When I was little our dentist was an old man and the only treat I got was a pack of sugar free gum from the receptionist who was the dentist's wife. Now, at the dentist I take the kids to it's an all out jungle, literally! The staff wears animal scrubs, there are monkeys hanging from the ceiling, the walls are painted with jungle murals and elephant and monkey noises can be heard when the hygienist calls for the dentist. The staff is great with the kids and Mitch loves going to the dentist. Megan even did really well this time and let them examine her with out much of a fuss at all. I think the only part I don't like is the bill at the end, because since this place is so great and so much fun you also pay for the experience and since we don't have dental insurance it really hits us in the pocket. I guess that's what you get for not freaking your kids out at an early age and making sure they have healthy teeth.

No comments: