Thursday, June 11, 2009

What we're reading and watching

One thing I used to love about summer as a kid was lazy days spent reading. I used to love (still do) spending hours in the library looking for new books to read and then devouring them under a shady tree, on my bed, flopped over the couch, really anywhere I could find during the months of June, July and August. Now that summer vacation is here I have been taking the kids to the library and trying to spend afternoons reading with them. Mitch can read now and has already finished reading 16 books on his own since the beginning of June and on Tuesday we took him to Cold Stone for ice cream to celebrate.

I love to know what other people are reading and watching just in case I might want to pick it up to so I thought I would share what we have been viewing at our house lately...

I'm reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell for book club but last weekend I finished Sarah's Key and I have to say, that might have been the best book I read in the past sixth months.

Frank and I have Netflix and we just got Revolutionary Road in the mail today but our last 3 movies we watched were Seven Pounds, Get Smart and Changeling. All were good but Get Smart was probably the best of the 3. I love anything funny and with a decent plot and Frank used to watch the Get Smart TV shows so he really liked it. The kids are really into Tom and Jerry and I just got them a DVD of 14 of the original Tom and Jerry cartoons from 1948. They are in heaven and since it was rainy today they watched a good portion of it.

I'm always looking for a good read so if you have a suggestion please pass it on. Next on my pile is Angels and Demons but I am not sure I will get to it before July book club which is Loving Frank so I may have to pick a shorter one. I'll keep you posted!!

No comments: