Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Unnecessary CoPay

Where do I even start? My dear, sweet Megan has a fetish with her nose. Yes, her nose. She loves to put things in it. Get where I am going now? At lunch yesterday I was putting dishes in the dishwasher while she finished up lunch and I heard an all too familiar sound, turned around and she had her finger up her nose and and fist full of corn in the other hand. All I could say was, "not again Megan". But yes, she had. I could see a piece of corn lodge in her nose and I tried everything to get it out. Now remember this is not the first time she has done this and I am really getting good at getting Nerds, toys, peas and other types of things out of her nose but this piece of corn was STUCK! So I called the Doctors office and the nurse informed me that this wasn't "an emergency" and I needed to wait and see if it fell out, call them back in an hour and then they would get her in. Annoyed I waited and long story short we ended up at the doctor's. Now, remember the movie One Fine Day with George Clooney and the boy who shoves things up his nose and they use an alligator thing-y? Yep? Well they is what they used on Miss Megan but that little boy was an actor and my Megan is a screaming toddler and it took 2 of us to hold her down and the most surprising thing of all was that there wasn't just one piece of corn in her nose but two!! Oh Megan.

She is fine today and playing like a normal little 20 month old but I am still scarred and mentally exhausted!! Do you think she learned?: )
e

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey Erin,
Sorry things have been busy around here that I have not been keeping up on your blog. This story made me laugh because it brought back memories of Ash. When Ashley was about the same age she put a macaroni noodle up her nose. It took 2 of us to hold her down too. She did learn and didn't put things up there anymore so hopefully Megan will learn too.